WHO IS CHRIS EKPENYONG? 16 Things You Never Knew About Him.
The name His Excellency Engr. Chris Ekpenyong is just about to change to His Excellency Senator Chris Ekpenyong.
This name has been trending since the news of his massive endorsement at the polls by the people and stakeholders of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District filtered through the air yesterday.
In the opinion of many, he is the best man for the job considering his monumental achievements in life, which have earned him a lot of honours and endeared him to the hearts of many within and outside Akwa Ibom state.
To make this post a very short one, I go straight into the 16 things you probably didn’t know about this great man of impeccable character and vast experience.
Now take a look!
1. Real names, Engr. Christopher Stephen Ekpenyong Ph.D FNSE, was born August 29, 1954 at Iko Ukana, Obot Akara LGA.
2. He had his primary education at St. Patrick’s Primary School, Ikot Ukana. By 1964, he relocated to St. Michael’s Primary School, Rumumasi, Port Harcourt in River State where he made his First School Leaving Certificate (1969).
3. In 1970, Engr. Chris passed the City and Guilds Intermediate Certificate, London and that qualified him for admission into the Federal Government Technical College, Yaba Lagos. By 1976, he earned the Advance Certificate of the City and Guilds, London.
4. He got admitted into Federal Polytechnic, Bida in Niger State where he earned the Ordinary National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (1977-1979) and he proceeded to the Polytechnic Calabar, Cross River State, where he earned the Higher National Diploma in 1982.
5. In 1983, he tested the political waters by becoming a Member of former Cross River State House of Assembly. That adventure was however truncated by the military coup on 31st December, 1983.
6. Between 1993 and 1995, Chief Ekpenyong earned an MBA (Marketing) from Kensington University Glendale, California USA and he capped it up with a Ph.D in Public Administration (2000).
7. After then, he joined Data Sciences Limited, a Computer Engineering Firm as an Electrical Engineer in charge of Power Systems, EAC’s Installations and Computer Environment Engineering (1984-1989).
8. He went on after then to become the founder/CEO of Gestric Limited, a company involved in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering & ICT.
9. Engr. Chris Ekpenyong is also the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Temps Engineering Limited, EEMJM Investment Company Limited, Chrisaden Steve Int’l Enterprises Limited, Gestric Oil & Allied Products Ltd., Imperial Technical Enterprises Limited, JSC Farms Limited and of course EEMJM Hotel & Suites Limited. The above-mentioned companies are involved in oil exploration & marketing; engineering procurement, installations, designs, constructions as well as agriculture and hospitality.
10. Engr. Chris Ekpenyong went into a joint gubernatorial ticket with Arc. Obong Victor Attah and became the second elected Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State in 1999-2005.
11. In 2007, he emerged as a gubernatorial candidate and strong contender for Akwa Ibom’s No.1 Citizen’s job.
12. Engr Chris Ekpenyong is a registered Member of the Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria, Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Management (FNIM), Fellow of Nigerian Society of Engineers, Institute of Independent Marketing Management of Nigeria, Nigerian Institute of Salesmanship, Institute of Public Administrators of Nigeria and Institute of Corporate Executives of Nigerian.
13. He is also a member of Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals and Nigeria Institute of Directors.
14. He has won so many awards including the Best Performing Deputy Governor by the Institute of Public Administrators of Nigerian, Paul Harris Fellow by Rotary Club International, Doctor of Science (Engineering) Honoris Causa (Kensington University) and Melvin Jones award (Lion Club International) Chris is the Grand Patron 1 and grand patron of the following bodies – Abiakpo Ekaisong Youth Forum, Obot Akara Co-Operative Union Ltd and National Association of Computer Science Students University of Uyo chapter and Nka Nto Annang, Ikot Ekpene Chapter, etc.
15. Engr. Chris Ekpenyong holds over 31 traditional titles including Obom (Pillar) of Akwa Ibom State.
16. As a notable humanitarian, Engr. Chris Ekpenyong is of the Rotary Club International, Lion Club International, Uyo, Ikot Ekpene and Prestige Club respectively as member.
He was a House Prefect in Government Technical College Tombia.
Public Relations Officer Students Union Government Federal Polytechnic, Bida.
1st National Vice President National Association of Technological Students
President Students’ Union Federal Polytechnic Bida
National President, National Association of Annang students
President Catholic Community, Polytechnic Calabar.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW…
ENGR CHRIS EKPENYONG IS THE 2019 SENATOR REPRESENTING IKOT EKPENE SENATORIAL DISTRICT.
The people have spoken, the votes are counting!
Ladies and gentlemen, these are the 16 + JARA things you never knew about Engr. Chris Ekpenyong, Mkpisong Ibibio, Ubok Udom Annang, Akpan Otoro, Obom Akwa Ibom, the Ukarakpa of Akwa Ibom State.
© Aniekan James Ekah
DONT MISS THIS