students smiles as Authority Fixed when Akwa Ibom University will return to classes | AKSG, AKSU, JAC reach agreement
The JAC – made up of four labour unions in AKSU, namely, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU), and National Association of Academic Technologist (NAAT) – will suspend the industrial action today Wednesday 9 June 2021.
It comes after a meeting convened by the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Committee on Education – chaired by Rt Hon Godwin Ekpo – with an aim of putting an end to the strike that began on 19 April 2021.
The meeting which was held on Monday, 7 June 2021, was attended by; the Chairman and members of the House Committee on Education, the Hon. Commissioner for Education Mrs Idongesit Etiebiet, the management of Akwa Ibom State University led by the Vice-Chancellor Prof Nse Essien, the Chairman and Secretaries of the four unions in AKSU mentioned above.
At the end of the meeting, the following agreements were reached and signed on 8 June 2021 by; Commissioner for Education Mrs Idongesit Etiebiet, Vice-Chancellor Prof Nse Essien, Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, Akwa Ibom State Chapter, Comrade Sunny James, and Dr Ime Okpo, Chairman, ASUU and Chairman JAC of Staff Unions.
- The Vice-Chancellor of Akwa Ibom State University shall pay to the staff of the University in one voucher the 75% of May 2021 salary plus the 25% of March 2021 salary already released to the University as 100% of May 2021 salary not later than Friday, June 11, 2021.
- In June 2021, the Akwa Ibom State Government shall pay to the staff of the Akwa Ibom State University the first tranche of the 25% salary arrears of 2020 for three months along with 100% of June 2021 salary.
- In August 2021, the Government of Akwa Ibom State shall pay to Staff of the Akwa Ibom State University the second tranche of 25% Salary arrears of 2020 for three months along with 100% of August 2021 Salary.
- In October 2021, the Akwa Ibom State Government shall pay the 2020 Leave Grant to the staff of the Akwa Ibom State University along with 100% of October 2021 Salary.
- In November 2021, the Akwa Ibom State Government shall pay to the Staff of the Akwa Ibom State University the Last Tranche of 25% Salary arrears of 2020 for the remaining two months along with 100% of November 2021 Salary.
- In December 2021, the Akwa Ibom State Government shall pay to the Staff of the Akwa Ibom State University 25% arrears for the Months of March and April 2021 along with 100% of December 2021 Salary.
- The Akwa Ibom State University Staff Unions under the aegis of JAC shall on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, suspend the strike.
- No person or group shall be victimised for involvement in the strike action that led to these resolutions.
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of Ibom Leak News (Legit Work Communications and Business). Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Call +2348062867011 Whatsapp +2348127188384
Support IBOM LEAK NEWS journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in Akwa Ibom we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to Ibom Leak News, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
Call or WhatsApp 08062867011